FM/UL Ductile Iron Grooved Pipe Fitting as customized
Reducing /Rigid /Heavy Duty Flexible Coupling
Ductile iron grooved pipe fittings and couplings (FM and UL approved) mainly including 2 kinds of grooved products: (1) the pipe fittings function on connecting and sealing such as rigid coupling, flexible coupling, mechanical tee and grooved flange, (2) the pipe fittings function on connecting and transition such as bend, tee, cross, reducer.
|Rigid coupling, Flexible coupling, 90° Elbow, 45° Elbow, 22.5° Elbow, 11.25° Elbow, Split Flange, Adaptor Flange, Cap
|Tee, Reducing Tee(Grooved/Threaded), Mechnical Tee(Grooved/Threaded), U-bolted Mechnical Tee
|Cross, Reducing Cross(Grooved/Threaded), Mechnical Cross(Grooved/Threaded)
|Reducer(Grooved/Threaded), Grooved Eccentric Reducer
|Grooved-Thread End, Grooved End
|300PSI / 2.07MPa
|1” – 12”
|33.7MM – 323.9MM
|Epoxy Powder,Painting,Galvanization,Dacromet (in Red/Orange/Blue/White Color)
|ASME B.1.20.1 / EN15716 / DIN2999 / ISO7-1 / ISO228 / IS554 / BS EN15716 / BS 21.173
|Ductile Iron confirms to ASTM A-536 Gr65-45-12,EN1563,JIS G5502,QT450-12
|EPDM,NBR or Silicon Rubber
|Bolts & Nuts
|ISO 898-1class 8.8
|PN series or Class series
|Plywood Cases or Plywood Pallets or Boxes
|Fire Fighting System,Petrochemical & Gas Industry,Chemical,Machinery,Electric Power,Construction Water Works,Valve Industry,etc.
|High Quality + Ready Stock + Faster Delivery + Customized
We are a leading manufacturer of pipe fittings and valves establised in 1996
1. We have over 20 years experience in exporting pipeline products.
2. 5 factories,complete 100+ projects every year.
3. Your 1 more good choice for better customer service.
Factory and Packing
Q1:What certificate do you have?
A: We have ISO 9001, CE certificate.
Q2. Can I get free samples?
A: Yes, The free samples can be offered for free.
Q3. Can I have my own Logo on the product?
A: Yes, Simple logo design is available based on not small order quantity.
Q4: Can I have my own customized product?
A: Yes, your customized requirements for color, size, mark, etc.
Q5: Can you produce the products according to my own drawing?
A: Yes, we can produce the products according to your drawing.
Q6: How long is your delivery time?
A: Generally it is about 30-45days depends on the order quantity.
Q7:What’s your product range?
A:Forged Pipe Fitting,Butt welding Pipe Fitting,Pipe Clamps,Ductile Iron Groove Pipe Fitting,OEM Parts,Valves
HangZhou CHINAMFG Industrial Co., Ltd.
Are There Any Safety Considerations When Using Rigid Couplings in Rotating Machinery?
Yes, there are several safety considerations to keep in mind when using rigid couplings in rotating machinery. While rigid couplings offer various advantages, their use in certain applications requires careful attention to safety measures to prevent accidents and equipment damage. Here are some important safety considerations:
– Secure Installation: Proper installation of rigid couplings is crucial to ensure safety. The coupling must be securely mounted and aligned with the shafts to prevent any slippage or disengagement during operation. Use of appropriate mounting hardware, such as high-strength bolts, is essential to maintain the coupling’s integrity under high-speed and high-torque conditions.
– Shaft Alignment: Accurate shaft alignment is necessary to avoid excessive forces and stress on the connected machinery. Misaligned shafts can lead to uneven loading and increased wear on bearings and other components. Regularly inspect and maintain the shaft alignment to prevent premature failures.
– Preventing Over-Torquing: Applying excessive torque during the installation of rigid couplings can lead to equipment damage and compromise safety. Follow the manufacturer’s torque specifications and use torque-limiting tools to prevent over-torquing and potential failures.
– Protective Guards: In some applications, rotating machinery with rigid couplings may pose a safety hazard to personnel working nearby. Install appropriate protective guards and covers to prevent accidental contact with rotating shafts, minimizing the risk of injury.
– Regular Maintenance: Implement a routine maintenance schedule to inspect the rigid couplings and associated equipment. Check for signs of wear, fatigue, or cracks. Address any issues promptly to avoid potential catastrophic failures.
– Operational Speed Limits: Be aware of the operational speed limits specified by the manufacturer for the rigid couplings. Exceeding these limits can result in significant stress and fatigue on the coupling, leading to failure.
– Appropriate Coupling Selection: Choose the appropriate type and size of rigid coupling for the specific application. Using an undersized coupling can lead to excessive loads and potential failure, while an oversized coupling may not efficiently transmit torque.
– Temperature Considerations: Rigid couplings can experience temperature variations during operation. Ensure that the material and design of the coupling are suitable for the anticipated temperature range of the application to maintain safety and performance.
– Training and Awareness: Provide proper training to personnel working with rotating machinery equipped with rigid couplings. Ensure they are aware of safety procedures and potential hazards associated with the equipment.
Adhering to these safety considerations will help ensure the safe and reliable operation of rotating machinery equipped with rigid couplings. Regular maintenance, correct installation, and diligent attention to safety guidelines will minimize risks and contribute to a safe working environment.
What Industries Commonly Use Rigid Couplings for Power Transmission?
Rigid couplings are widely used in various industries for power transmission applications that require a solid and reliable connection between rotating shafts. Some of the industries that commonly utilize rigid couplings include:
- Manufacturing: In the manufacturing industry, rigid couplings are employed in a wide range of equipment, such as conveyors, mixers, pumps, compressors, and machine tools. These couplings ensure precise power transmission and alignment, making them ideal for maintaining accuracy in manufacturing processes.
- Material Handling: Material handling equipment, including cranes, hoists, and elevators, often rely on rigid couplings to transfer power between shafts efficiently. Rigid couplings provide a robust connection that can handle the heavy loads and continuous operation common in material handling applications.
- Automotive: The automotive industry employs rigid couplings in various automotive systems, including drive shafts, transmissions, and steering systems. Rigid couplings contribute to the overall performance and reliability of these components, ensuring smooth power transfer and minimizing vibration.
- Mining and Construction: In the mining and construction industries, rugged and durable power transmission components are crucial. Rigid couplings are used in equipment like crushers, mills, and heavy-duty conveyors, where they can withstand the harsh conditions and heavy loads commonly found in these applications.
- Oil and Gas: The oil and gas industry often utilizes rigid couplings in pumps, compressors, and drilling equipment. Rigid couplings offer consistent and dependable power transmission, which is essential for critical operations in this sector.
- Marine: In marine applications, such as ship propulsion systems and marine pumps, rigid couplings are used to transmit power between the ship’s engine and various equipment. They can handle the dynamic forces and vibrations encountered in marine environments.
- Aerospace: In aerospace applications, where precision and reliability are paramount, rigid couplings play a role in power transmission between various aircraft components.
Rigid couplings are chosen in these industries for their ability to maintain shaft alignment, resist misalignment, and provide a backlash-free connection. Their robust construction and simple design make them suitable for high torque and high-speed applications, where precision and efficiency are crucial.
Types of Rigid Coupling Designs:
There are several types of rigid coupling designs available, each designed to meet specific application requirements. Here are some common types of rigid couplings:
- 1. Sleeve Couplings: Sleeve couplings are the simplest type of rigid couplings. They consist of a cylindrical sleeve with a bore in the center that fits over the shaft ends. The coupling is secured in place using setscrews or keyways. Sleeve couplings provide a solid and rigid connection between shafts and are easy to install and remove.
- 2. Clamp or Split Couplings: Clamp couplings, also known as split couplings, are designed with two halves that fit around the shafts and are fastened together with bolts or screws. The split design allows for easy installation and removal without the need to disassemble other components in the system. These couplings are ideal for applications where the shafts cannot be easily moved.
- 3. Flanged Couplings: Flanged couplings have flanges on each end that are bolted together to form a rigid connection. The flanges add stability and strength to the coupling, making them suitable for heavy-duty applications. They are commonly used in industrial machinery and equipment.
- 4. Tapered Couplings: Tapered couplings have a tapered inner diameter that matches the taper of the shaft ends. When the coupling is tightened, it creates a frictional fit between the coupling and the shafts, providing a rigid connection. These couplings are often used in applications where high torque transmission is required.
- 5. Marine or Clampshell Couplings: Marine couplings, also known as clampshell couplings, consist of two halves that encase the shaft ends and are bolted together. These couplings are commonly used in marine applications, such as propeller shafts in boats and ships.
- 6. Diaphragm Couplings: Diaphragm couplings are a type of rigid coupling that provides some flexibility to accommodate misalignment while maintaining a nearly torsionally rigid connection. They consist of thin metal diaphragms that transmit torque while compensating for minor shaft misalignments.
The choice of rigid coupling design depends on factors such as shaft size, torque requirements, ease of installation, and the level of misalignment that needs to be accommodated. It is essential to select the appropriate coupling design based on the specific needs of the application to ensure optimal performance and reliability.
editor by CX 2023-09-27